Getting Started on Facebook
- Go to http://www.facebook.com, you see a screen that asks you to login at the top or “Sign Up” below the blue bar. Beneath this is a Web form where you can fill in your name, email, gender and birthday. Click the green "Sign up" button when you have completed the form.
- Go to Step 1: Import Your Contacts. This is where you can search your email address book for possible friends, coworkers and contacts. Type in your email address and password to do a search, or try searching by school or company.
- Go to Step 2: Profile Information. Here you can fill in more details about yourself such as your workplace and other vital information.
- Go to Step 3: Profile picture. Here you can upload one photo of yourself for your friends to see.
- Once you’ve filled in the basic information, you can now get started with your new account! The upper right corner of the page has a text box which gives you some basic pointers on how to acquaint yourself with all the features that Facebook has to offer.
- Once you’re set up, be sure to “like” the Local 3 United Storeworkers page by clicking on this link: www.facebook.com/RWDSU.Local3.
- Now you can start participating in the conversation with your coworkers and union leaders.