November 8, 2012
Union members living in areas impacted by Hurricane Sandy, who
participate in Union Plus programs may be eligible for financial
Union Plus Disaster Relief Grants of $500 are available to help participants in the Union Plus Credit Card, Insurance or Mortgage programs who are facing financial hardship due to the recent severe weather. The money does not have to be repaid. Funds are limited to the nearly $370,000 available in the Union Plus Disaster Relief Fund.
To qualify for a Union Plus Disaster Relief Grant, the union member must:
- Have been a victim of the severe weather in counties designated by FEMA as qualifying for individual assistance.*
- Have experienced a significant loss of income or property within the last six months due to the disaster.
- Have had a Union Plus Credit Card, Union Plus Insurance policy or Union Plus Mortgage for at least 12 months with the account or policy in good standing (be up-to-date on payments).
- Describe his or her circumstances and document the income or property loss.
To apply for a disaster relief grant, union members who participate in any of the following programs can call:
- Union Plus Credit Card: 1-877-761-5028
- Union Plus Mortgage: 1-800-472-2005
- Union Plus Insurance: 1-800-472-2005
Union Plus Credit Card holders are encouraged to contact
Capital One, the new Union Plus Credit Card issuer, at
1-877-761-5028, if you need additional assistance. Capital One has
programs in place to help customers who are experiencing difficulties
due to the storm.
Union Plus Mortgage holders, including anyone who is in the process of receiving a new Union Plus mortgage, are encouraged to contact Chase, who provides Union Plus Mortgages, at 1-888-356-0023 or tweet @ChaseSupport for additional assistance and information.
*For a list of FEMA-designated counties qualifying for individual assistance, visit the Union Plus website.